Heartware Support Our Pioneers Programme (HWSOP) was first introduced in the year 2014, seeking to empower youth to serve the needs of the elderly through home visitations, activities and outings. The programme encourages youth to take ownership to bridge the inter-generational divide and promote active aging among the elderly, fostering tighter bonds with our pioneer generation.
COVID-19 has impacted the lives of our elderly significantly. Many of them are facing greater social isolation and struggling to keep up with Singapore’s digital transformation. For the year 2023, HWSOP will continue to serve the needs of our aging population and empower them to live out their sunset years with hope and optimism beyond COVID-19. To enable elderly to become digitally-ready, HWSOP will continue to run its Mobile Digital Clinic during visitations to bring digital support and education to their homes.
HWSOP is looking for volunteers to reach out to the elderly at East Coast, Jalan Kukoh, Lengkok Bahru, Pasir Ris, Taman Jurong, Tanjong Pagar, Yishun & other new locations. Volunteers will engage the elderly bi-weekly through home visitations, activities and outings.
1. Ages between 15 and 35 (As of year 2023. i.e. born in the year between 1988 and 2008).
2. Keen and willing to work closely with seniors.
3. Able to commit to the programme from April 2023 to March 2024.
4. Passionate about working with people from different backgrounds and age groups.
5. Able to work well both independently and in a team.
6. Are willing to take up challenges and be strong in the face of difficulties and obstacles.